Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Pamper Night 2009


Last night was Pamper Night 2009 at Healing Place Church. It's a night where our church (the BEST church in the world) brings in people from spas and salons all over town and they give facials, massages, manis and pedis, eyebrow waxing, etc. and don't forget the wonderful food and drinks!! There were ALOT of ladies there! I was fortunate enough to see several of my friends and even a bunch of ladies I knew from the Dream Center downtown. When I was getting my facial, I was laying next to one of the women from the Dream Center who I promise you, has never had a facial before and probably has only seen them in movies. I know for a fact she has lived on the streets, been beaten up by her boyfriend, and has a child addicted to meth. This is what Healing Place does best. They just love on these ladies, no strings attached. No bible thumping, hellfire and brimstone preaching, just God's love constantly. No one ever got saved and lived the life God intended for them to live out of fear of going to hell. HPC just spreads the love and serves the people in a million different ways, but Pamper Night has to be one of the best!!!

I didn't get to have my massage and pedi because Griff was running a fever and we had to leave. But I just feel so blessed to be part of a church that does stuff like this ALL the time (and did I mention it was free!). And of course, the night wouldn't have been complete with our menfolk trying to sneak in on the action. At the top is our two youth pastors, Tyler Tullos (Pastor T) and Jason Laird (Dr. Tweez, Tweezey, THE Tweez), two incredible guys trying to bust in on the girls' action! They should have made them wear skirts!!! :o)



No comments:

Post a Comment