Saturday, June 20, 2009

What Do You Give In To ??

I was thinking this morning....what do other people give in to? What do I give in to? Fear, jealousy, control, weariness, insecurity to name a few. God has done so much for me, yet I still try to tell Him what to do with my life. How many times I've prayed, God, I need you to do this for me right now or God, I just want your will, but I really hope you'll understand that this is what I need. There is a passage in Jeremiah 1:5-10. Here it is:
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations. "Ah, Sovereign Lord, " I said, "I do not know how to speak; I am only a child." But the Lord said to me, "Do not say I am only a child. You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them for I am with you and will rescue you, " declares the Lord. Then the Lord reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, "Now, I have put my words in your mouth. See, today I appoint you over nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant."

God does not need our help. He does not need us to draw him OUR map. He said he knew us before we were in the womb. He says He has a plan for our lives. God has set us apart from everyone else. Each person he created has something special that only that person has. What I love most about God is that he doesn't just give us the task to do and then send us out alone. He says, Don't say you're a child. I, the Almighty God, Creator of the Universe will be with you and rescue you. I will give you the words to speak. I'll give you everything to do your task. And then, He doesn't just give Jeremiah lip service. He doesn't just say, Hey Man, I'll be there and I'll help you. He ACTS. God reaches down and touches Jeremiah's mouth. When God gave people sight, he touched their eyes. When God healed the deaf, he put his fingers in their ears! Our God is a hands on God. It is a very intimate act to touch someone's mouth. Think about it...when do you touch a stranger's mouth? Never. But how many times have you wet your finger and cleaned your child's mouth, kissed them on the lips? God wants an intimate relationship with us. He wants to know us and for us to trust Him. He wants to be there for us so we never have to give in. God says, Don't be afraid, don't be a child. I am there for you. Don't be insecure. You are not a child. You are a strong, powerful woman. I have called you to be a prophet to the nations. Not Baton Rouge....the NATIONS. God wants more for us than we could ever dream for ourselves. So, don't give in...don't draw God a map. He is the Creator of the Universe...he already has the map.

No comments:

Post a Comment